Gone are the days of generic sales pitches that talk AT customers instead of WITH them or TO them.
They Engage your Customers
Advertising has evolved into a conversation between the vendor and the client, which allows relationship building. Personalized videos have the added benefit of engagement that draws in customers so that they feel special and valued by hearing or seeing their name in videos or watch a personalized video ad that connects with their unique story. The videos provide a powerful and entertaining medium with an element of surprise.
They Take your Brand to New Heights
When launching a national campaign, you can advertise on TV / billboards, but you are faced with limited space. When creating a companion campaign on social media, it quickly trends all over the internet as people share their own videos. Users who interact with the brand on such a personal level are sure to have the product and brand etched in their minds, as they see the company on a whole new level. The key is to find a creative way to present your brand that make you stand out from the competition.
They convert more
Personalized video provides an added value that people have come to expect in a sea of boring ads. Users are more likely to take action when they feel inspired to do so. Video facilitates conversion rates by creating a level of excitement for users.
They reduce your costs
Many companies encourage customers to purchase products through their website, and to log into their site to check and manage their accounts. Some people are not tech savvy or they just prefer to reach out to companies by phone. But imagine if those reluctant customers, as well as the rest of your customer base, received a video that explains how to navigate various sections of your website, or a video that explains their bills in great detail? This would reduce calls to your support center and therefore, reduce operating costs.
Tips for Creating Personalized Videos
- Define your goals and scenario head of time and focus your strategy on your target audience.
- Create a cleverly designed landing page for the video.
- If the goal is conversion, the CTA should be very clear and even personalized. The voice-over in the video can say: “Check this out Michelle!” or “You’ve got to see this David!”
- Add a level of interaction if possible.
- Keep the language engaging, yet simple. If you are sending videos to your customers on how to navigate your website, for example, you want to make sure that the language is easy to comprehend.
- Make it fun, entertaining and something that inspires users to share. Sharing video increases both engagement and brand awareness.
- Present yourself as a partner in the consumer’s shopping experience, rather than as a seller that is only out to make a profit. Always think about your message and tone.